3rd Party Representation
It’s important to remember that working with a debt consolidation or debt settlement agency won’t change the total balance on your Mission Lane account.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you do work with a debt consolidation agency:
- We don’t offer agencies any special payback options that aren’t already available to you.
- You’ll still be responsible for any past due fees incurred if your payment is late.
- We’ll still report your account status (including whether it’s charged off) to credit bureaus.
- We’ll continue to send you statement notifications and other emails about the status of your account.
If you’re considering working with an agency, you may want to:
- Check to see if the debt relief company you’re working with is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.
- Check for complaints filed at the Better Business Bureau as well as your state attorney general or consumer protection bureau.
- Confirm that you aren’t being charged any upfront fees.
If you decide to work with an agency, please download our Consent and Authorization Form and email a completed copy to us. Without this document, we won’t be able to discuss your account information with a third party.
To discuss settlement options or payment plans, please give us a call at 855-790-8860, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 8pm ET.